Embrace it.

I've had some funny things said about my hair lately. I'm not the least bit offended, simply entertained by the things people say.

Just recently someone asked me, "How do you do your hair? It's so... (long pause) ...unique."

Another said, "Do you ever straighten it?" (...was that a suggestion?)

And still someone else said "Um, is that natural?" 

My favorite hair compliment however, came from a teacher. While going through my clinical evaluation (an evaluation that employers have access to if wanting more information on you as a possible employee), she looked up at me and said, "Now your hair, it looks windblown today." And she wrote it down on my evaluation, in ink. So if a future employer does not want an employee with "windblown hair" that'll be a problem. 

I have no issues with my hair and I thank the good Lord for it every day. But isn't it funny what people think are appropriate words? I'll take it as a pleasant reminder to think twice before I speak. Discretion is paramount in expressing thoughts to other people. 

Now THAT is windblown hair, obviously 

Commentaires

Kati a dit…
for the record..... I LOVE your hair. thank your sis for the great suggestion.
The Saragon a dit…
Thanks Kati! I will let her know:)