Mont Blanc and Chamonix






On Sunday, the school sponsored a field trip to the highest point in Europe, Mont Blanc. It was so nice to get off the campus for a bit and even more refreshing to reach the mountains, even though there were lots of people there. Now, the Alps are very impressive. However, the Candian Rockies are just as or more impressive, in my own opinion.
The gondola ride was one of the scarriest I have been on. I don't consider myself to be afraid of heights, but after being on Mont Blanc I have to admitt, I was a little bit scared! It was worth it though.
The gondola takes you up to a pinnalce. They have built all around the point. So, the lodge is in and out of the rock and there are ladders and elevators that take you further up or into the mountainside. It was really neat to see, a testimony to human engineering!
I could definitely feel the altitude up there. I was a bit light headed at times and going up stairs was alot harder than it usually is.
I saw the most amazing pair of moon boots up there on the mountain, I think David would apperciate them just as much as I did :)

And of all people, I ran into Jillian Nightngale in Chamonix! Talk about coincidence...two Moscow, Idaho girls in the Alps? Wow!! She was a very welcome face to see.

Commentaires

pattibowenblog a dit…
Sarah!!! Those are totally awesome pictures. You look gorgeous up there on the mountain! What a trip to run into Gillian Nightengail. Mom and I read through your entire blog and loved all the pictures. Now that we know how to access it we'll be looking every day! Keep em coming! Loved the story about your first french test, 17 is amazing! Love you soooooooooooooooo much! Mum and lyssa
Unknown a dit…
man I am so jealous I wish I could be there! That looks like so much fun.