Sarah Goes to France




The last few days at home were rather crazy. Packing for nine months is a challenge, but I managed to get it all together. Mom and I headed out to Walla Walla where I was able to see Aunie Sue and Uncle Don and Jack and Deanne and a few cousins too. I was also able to see Andrea! And then we left for Portland.
My stomach was in knots for the last few days at home. But, despite the tears, the knotted stomach and the snotty nose, I managed to get myself on the airplane. I think saying goodbye to everyone was quite possibly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. However, it is all part of the growing process, growing pains I guess.
My travel buddy, Kathleen, and I boarded our plane and launched off for a year abroad.
Our trip was smooth. We had no delays, no gliches.
We arrived safely at 1 o'clock and were greeted with the smiling face of Franscesco, who did not speak any english. So we jumped right into the world of learning a foreign language. Our conversations were full of hand gestures and confused faces. Little did I know that I would be having conversations like that for the next three weeks, and counting...
Nonetheless, we made it safely...sigh
Let the adventures begin...

Commentaires