Endives anyone?

I absolutely loved volunteering at the preschool. The children were wild and crazy, but they spoke very simple french that I could understand! Plus, little kids love having new people in the class room, so you can't go wrong. They liked me just because I was there.
It was humbbling at times. They were learning the fruits and vegetables on flash cards...dejavu. Yes, I am also learning my fruits and vegetables (in french). So it was a little study session for me as well.
The French teach their children different veges than we do in the States. They had the basics, like tomato and onion, but then there were flash cards for endives and leeks. I guess France is the culinary capital of the world. Maybe we need to start drilling our children on their unique vegetables?

Commentaires

Ondria a dit…
I'm overwhelmingly embarrassed that I didn't know what an endive was until my 20s. The shame!