Joyeux Thanksgiving

My theory is that the campus tries to keep the American students as busy as possible during the week of Thanksgiving, so as to avoid homesickness. This past week was crazy busy!
The ACA students were in charge of putting on 'un fete' for the whole campus and community. I was involved in a play, Thanksgiving cooking and decorating. The play, or 'specatcle' as they say in French, was about a traditional family Thanksgiving. There was the cheesy, way-into-the-holidays mother, the hard working father, the EMO daughter and the rambunctious son. Each scene revolved around one of the characters. Oh yes, and crazy Uncle James. I played the cheesy mother. The hardest part was memorizing lines, because we performed this play en francais. In all reality, I think that was what made it funny. Half of the time I didn't know what I was saying. I just knew that I had memorized it and that it was my line.
My favorite scene was where I got to fight for the best turkey in the supermarket. It was a slow motion scene to chariots of fire. It was hard to keep a straight face.
I got to cook sweet potatoes and cornbread for a hundred people. Oh yes, and the pies too! It was really fun to do some cooking, I enjoyed it alot.
So, between the spectacle and the meal I managed to stay very busy. Now I have two papers due on Monday (in French no less!) so Sunday will also be full of homework. Another great start to another busy week!

Commentaires