Lesson #1: Never Fly With Ryan Air


Being the rather frugal person that I am, I was very pleased with my plane tickets from Ryan Air. The first one I purchased for 5 euros (about eight dollars) and the second ticket I purchased for 49 euro cents (a little less than a dollar). Talk about a steal! However, I have since learned that there are some places I can not compromise, and air fare is one of them.
Our first flight on Ryan Air was rather difficult. The departure airport was not in Paris, it was actually outside of Paris by one and a half hours...very close to Rouen in fact. That was the first set back. After paying extra for checking baggage (25 euro) and for checking in at the airport rather than online (5 euro), our flight was delayed. They got all of the passengers standing outside ready to board and then they decided that the airplane had mechanical problems...? Not to mention the rather cold temperatures at that time of the night (it was around 11 o'clock at night).
We were not allowed to sleep in the airport, so the required that we get a hotel but they also required that we pay for it...another added exspense to my five euro plane ticket. So over all, my five euro plane ticket actually came out to be about seventy-five euro. It's a bit fishy how they make that work...
However, we had lots of time to sit around with a bunch of Scottish people. So, not know too much about Scotland, I talked to alot of them so that I could get some advice on where to go.
The next morning we were able to fly out and it was a safe flight. I was worried though, the plane was just a bit rickity. What should I expect though? I only payed five euro for the ticket...not again, not again.

Commentaires