It may seem rather obvious, but planning really is a good thing to do. I think we could have enjoyed our time in Scotland and in London with just a little bit more planning.
We made our hostel reservations online in Scotland. When we arrived in London our entire reservation was completely mixed up. They had all of us staying in different rooms, all over the hostel, different rooms for different nights. Next time, I think I will try and get my lodging reserved ASAP.
I know we could have avoided alot of our troubles with just tad bit more planning.
The school left us in Paris on Friday night, October 25th. That was a rough night. We had made reservation online from our other hotel. We didn't think about hotel location, all we really cared about was price. So, in order to get to our hostel we had to pay for an underground pass an addition to a train ticket! It was kind of exspensive. Also, we were in a suburb of Paris, a little creepy. We had some troubles coming back from Paris that night. It was a Friday night and the underground was jam-packed full; people had their noses squished against the windows and the glass was really foggy. We waited for a few trains to pass (they came so slowly) in the hopes that one of them would be emptier. But no, they continued to get fuller and fuller and fuller. We didn't want to return too late to our creepy hotel late, so we HAD to get on one of those metros. So I went for it...I got pushed into the metro car, my feet were not even touching the ground. I was thankful for my height at that moment because I was able to stick my head up above all of the people and breathe. I felt very claustrophobic. It was a bad experience. But, we still made it back to our hotel, without any troubles from scary people. Thank you all for your prayers! The posted picture is us waiting for our bus, after the metro and the train....yet another expense.
We made our hostel reservations online in Scotland. When we arrived in London our entire reservation was completely mixed up. They had all of us staying in different rooms, all over the hostel, different rooms for different nights. Next time, I think I will try and get my lodging reserved ASAP.
I know we could have avoided alot of our troubles with just tad bit more planning.
The school left us in Paris on Friday night, October 25th. That was a rough night. We had made reservation online from our other hotel. We didn't think about hotel location, all we really cared about was price. So, in order to get to our hostel we had to pay for an underground pass an addition to a train ticket! It was kind of exspensive. Also, we were in a suburb of Paris, a little creepy. We had some troubles coming back from Paris that night. It was a Friday night and the underground was jam-packed full; people had their noses squished against the windows and the glass was really foggy. We waited for a few trains to pass (they came so slowly) in the hopes that one of them would be emptier. But no, they continued to get fuller and fuller and fuller. We didn't want to return too late to our creepy hotel late, so we HAD to get on one of those metros. So I went for it...I got pushed into the metro car, my feet were not even touching the ground. I was thankful for my height at that moment because I was able to stick my head up above all of the people and breathe. I felt very claustrophobic. It was a bad experience. But, we still made it back to our hotel, without any troubles from scary people. Thank you all for your prayers! The posted picture is us waiting for our bus, after the metro and the train....yet another expense.
Commentaires