Stonehenge


Since we were so close, we decided to make a quick stop by Stonehenge. Now, don't get me wrong, but I was less than impressed with this pile of rocks. It's an interesting cultural artifact. One is able to see that someone sure put alot of work into getting those rocks in just the right place. The thing that really got me though is that they charge you to see it; they charge you to enter the gate and get closer to it. You can see it from the road, in fact, there is a trail that goes along the road that has been worn down by many a cheapskate. However, we were there, so I decided to let give in and pay the (I think it was 12 pounds!) to REALLy see and experience the wonders of Stonehenge. This way I got the audio guide (in French no less) and was able to get twenty feet closer. It was so cold and my travel buddies were walking so slow, I ended up walking laps around Stonehenge, a great way to get some excerise and make Stonehenge worth 12 pounds.
I can now check Stonehenge off my list of 'must-sees'...

Commentaires