This One's For Charlie


Two weekends ago I got to go to the Chef's house again, for a 'petit rondonee', like usual. Our Friday night dinner turned into Saturday morning. We were lounging around the table, enjoying conversation, music and hot drinks. Somehow the conversation turned to the late hour...and from there someone suggested starting our hike now, instead of in the morning. It practically was morning already. Why not? So that's exactly what we did. We hiked through the night! It was a clear night in town but when we got up the mountain a blizzard began. So, we got all our gear on, snow shoes and head lamps and began the trek in the dark! We were finished by five in the morning. As soon as we got back to the Chef's house, I went to bed and slept hard.
For the duration of the hike, I was thinking about Charlie. This was something that Charlie would do. And Charlie, you would have loved it! It was thrilling; one of those crazy adventures that I will never forget.
We woke up late Saturday morning and again, sat around the table until it was time to make lunch. Yoland let us do the cooking. We made pasta and garlic bread, with left over meat from the night before. He made dessert for us and it was amazing!! But it was intimidating, we were making lunch for the chef! We wanted to make it good. It actually turned out quite tasty :)
Yoland invited us back again for Sunday morning, so that we could hike the same route in the daylight. We had an absolutely beautiful day. (The picture is of the corniche at the top.) There was a huge powder bowl coming down. We didn't bring our skis up the mountain, but I am wishing we had because we would have had the most amazing descent.
As we worked our way down the mountain, enjoying the panoramic view and the rays of sunshine, the chef said, "La vie est belle, la vie est belle..." I had to agree with him.

Commentaires