



It was quite a stark constrast: campin/climbing with four boys vs. traveling in a tourist car with your classmates...
It was an interesting transition. I have never been one to enjoy the touristy side of traveling. The museums and monuments are nice and all, but I really prefer to experience a place by living there. Which is why I am living in France. However, being in France has required me to take part in a few tourist activities.
When we go on these school sponsored trips, it is pretty much all toursit activities. Just think of it as an extended field trip. Teacher always counting heads, meeting times, audio guides, schedules, en route assignemnts...all the things that don't really go along with my idea of vacation. However, I did get to see and experience places I have been before, but I experienced them with different people, doing different things.
Because I had been to these places a number of times now, I was more comfortable launching off by myself. It was fun to run around Nice for an afternoon. I got to enjoy the Old Town by doing some shopping and tasting some Socca. I had fun in Monaco too. I found a spot in the sun, with a bottle of water and some dark chocolate, and enjoyed a good book. I skipped the parfumerie tour (because I have already been on one) and wandered around the town of Eze.
We went back to the town of Cassis (I had just been there a few days before on the camping trip). This time though we took a boat tour. It was fun to see the cove we had hiked to from a boat! I really like the town of Cassis. If you are ever going to southern France, go there. It is worth it.
I also got in the Mediterranean again. It was a little cold, but I think the sun was hotter than the last time I was in the Mediterranean. We had an afternoon in Cannes and the sun was shinning. They say the beaches of Cannes are the most famouse. Sandy and warm...but also the most crowded. Anyways, we got all suited up and jumped in the waves. It was a nice afternoon.
We returned on Thursday, ending the two week spring vacation...the last vacation...which means I am on the Home Stretch.
Commentaires