Yoland invited me and Stephen to hike with him on Sunday. He took us for a promenade...just a little hike, to a lake (Lake Benit). Apparently we were there at just the right time; it was mating season for the toads. It was rather like an episode on the Discovery Channel...let's just say I learned more about toads than I ever wanted to know. Those poor female toads...
The toads were everywhere. It was hard to walk without stepping on them. It was like a biblical illusion of sorts...the Ten Plagues...toads everywhere! Not only were they everywhere, but the toads that were everywhere, were in the process of making more toads meaning there were going to more toads in more places! I felt like I was intruding a bit. I also felt scandalized...yes, scandalized. Mating toads is probably one of the most barbaric, most gruesome things a girl can witness in her lifetime...well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but my point still stands.


The toads were everywhere. It was hard to walk without stepping on them. It was like a biblical illusion of sorts...the Ten Plagues...toads everywhere! Not only were they everywhere, but the toads that were everywhere, were in the process of making more toads meaning there were going to more toads in more places! I felt like I was intruding a bit. I also felt scandalized...yes, scandalized. Mating toads is probably one of the most barbaric, most gruesome things a girl can witness in her lifetime...well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but my point still stands.


Commentaires