I'm continually trying to mix my French life, with my American life. Although I have been back for almost two months now, I'm still trying to hold onto those cultural aspects I grew to love so much in France. One in particular is 'the cappuccino'. Now maybe the cappuccino is not purely French. More than just the cappuccino, it's the concept behind the cappuccino that makes it purely French.
The French take time. More so, they make time. Leisure is an important part of the day, it's routine and the cappuccino perfectly displays that concept. The idea of coffee on the go (so we can go faster) does not exist. The point of drinking coffee is to sit down, perhaps with friends or family, or maybe simply by yourself, and savour a moment of time. That is what I can not let go of.
Before I went to France, I can't say that I had ever had a cappuccino. My coffee was often washed out with sugars, flavors, sweeteners and all other manners of coffee enhancers. I had overlooked the simple beauty of coffee's robust flavor. Now, after a year of drinking some of the best and simplest coffee, it is almost sacrilege to water down my coffee with such things. My coffee now is a strong shot with inches of foamy milk gracing the top. It's beautifully simple and delicious. Not only do I enjoy my cappuccino, but I'm always reminded to savour a moment of time.
The French take time. More so, they make time. Leisure is an important part of the day, it's routine and the cappuccino perfectly displays that concept. The idea of coffee on the go (so we can go faster) does not exist. The point of drinking coffee is to sit down, perhaps with friends or family, or maybe simply by yourself, and savour a moment of time. That is what I can not let go of.
Before I went to France, I can't say that I had ever had a cappuccino. My coffee was often washed out with sugars, flavors, sweeteners and all other manners of coffee enhancers. I had overlooked the simple beauty of coffee's robust flavor. Now, after a year of drinking some of the best and simplest coffee, it is almost sacrilege to water down my coffee with such things. My coffee now is a strong shot with inches of foamy milk gracing the top. It's beautifully simple and delicious. Not only do I enjoy my cappuccino, but I'm always reminded to savour a moment of time.
Commentaires