L'annee Derniere/ Last Year

As I write in Southern California, it's hard to believe that just one year ago I was in the heart of France, exploring Paris with David and Stephen. Looking back at David's trip to visit me, there a few memories that are still vividly plastered in my brain:
1. The broccoli. I think we paid 5 euros for three huge crowns of broccoli...we put those leafy greens to good use:)
2. Bird + me looking up = poop in my hair. At least I was at Mont St. Michelle, now I can say that not only have I seen it, but I was pooped on there!
3. Normandy and the D-day beaches. I loved the history and the wide open beaches. It was solemn, but something about it was very peaceful and encouraged my patriotism:)
4. Chirstmas Eve and Day in Paris, what a place to spend the holidays eh? I was so happy that I could share it with David, and that he was willing and interested to let me share some of my pique interests with him.
5. Pepito: a delicious discovery made in a small town boulangerie somewhere in Normandy...perhaps Caen? It's a chocolate cream filled pastry...you just have to have one to be able to fully appreciate it.
6. Midnight mass in Notre Dame- I guess that's self-explanatory, the music was amazing though, so beautiful
7. The burning semi truck...talk about a heat wave

there's so much more I fondly remember about that trip, that's all that comes to mind now tho'

Commentaires