The Fiber Issue

Dun Dun Duuhhhnnnnn....well, any issue involving fiber is usually a big one:) But I couldn't help and laugh when "The Fiber Issue" appeared on the screen in front of my Human Nutrition class. The laughs just began there. Fiber is such an important nutrient, but is it worth spending a whole class period on? And, we all know fiber keeps you regular, so why go into detail? I guess it is good information for us to know, but morphing such a mundane phenomena of life into a scientific exploration...is just going overboard. Now, instead of announcing I'm regular (which I do quite often...not) I can say that the bolus is moving at a pleasant rate, accelerated by the mass amount of fiber I had for dinner yesterday. Oh I feel so very learn-ed. Fiber really is a big issue.

Commentaires

Jenny a dit…
Ahahaha! Don't you just love that class?!