Rolling Rolling Rolling


It all started somewhere between protein synthesis and deamination...while half-way listening to lecture, Rhonda quietly informed me, "Prom dress bowling, Thrusday at 9pm." I'm there! So, after over curling hair and over applying make-up, I was ready for the evening. Thankfully I have one semi fancy dress at school; it fared perfect for the event. Paired with fire-engine red heals and jacket, I gave the classy 50's dress an 80's flare. There were ten of us girls, dressed to the nines, ready to strike or at least get a spare. When we arrived, we were surprised to find the bowling alley busy, full of old-timers who had really perfected their skills. (Might I add that the bowling alley is one of the best locations for people watching:). We were also surprised to be the only girls in the alley. I never realized it was such a male dominated sport:) However, we gave those guys a run for their money.
Now, up until last night, I couldn't remember the last time I bowled. So, my skills are very rusty. I did manage to almost strike...hitting all but one. So close! Yes the bowling was fun, but what was really fun was getting to know a few girls I had never met before. We laughed at each other, tried the granny bowl, took crazy pictures, grooved to the techno beats and enjoyed homemade ice cream after the competitive game. It was a fun way to welcome in the weekend.

Commentaires