Thomas and Emily

After babysitting my niece and nephew for the evening, I can better understand why people older than myself, constantly emphasize the importance of children. Lately, the plethora of big decisions in life have been pestering me. That's why Thomas and Emily are such a breath of fresh air, and an important breath at that.

Their perspective on the world is so positive. They are not constrained by time. The simplest things in life make them happy and so content. They're hilarious. If I'm lucky enough to be able to eavesdrop a conversation between them, I might shed a comical tear. Any conversation between a three-year-old and an almost-two-year-old, is definitely worth tuning in on. Table manners are important sometimes, but enjoying that food, however it gets to the mouth, is most important. Like tonight, the three of us sat around the table, eating pasta with our hands, slurping it up one noodle at a time. Spaghetti has never tasted so good. We even managed to get a whole plate serving on to the floor, and one all over the table too. It didn't matter though, the food was good and the company was even better.

A simple story is most entertaining, a made up song is heavenly, Peter Rabbit is scary and bed time is at 8pm...

I'm glad to be a college student, but I can't help but be slightly envious of the life of a child. In order to allow my envy to motivate me, I'll be ever-so watchful of the simple life lead by a three-year-old. Maybe I can incorporate Peter Rabbit and nap time into my collegiate career. Oh wont that be nice?

Commentaires