Welcome to Portland

This weekend I found myself amongst a group of 36 college students, all headed to Portland to put Vespers and Church on for some congregations there. I was part of an octet. I sang the second soprano with Brittany as the soprano, David sang bass, the King sisters sang the alto and the Gilbert brothers and Schreven split the tenor section. Our Vespers program was kind of sketchy.
Having just arrived from Walla Walla I think all of our brains were trying to catch up to the fact that we were on stage and supposed to sing, and sound good too.  However, we made up for that on Sabbath by providing a much cleaner, prettier performance for church. Along with the music this group provided improv, sermons, string quartet, brass trio, children's stories and lots more music too.
Sabbath afternoon was full of games outside, soccer, water fights, zip-lining and much more. We played several rounds of 'around-the-world-ping-pong' and ate ourselves silly! The King family is so very generous and kind. They provided food and a place to stay for all 36 of us! They have 11 children in their family, so it was fun to be a part of their home for the weekend. It brought back so many good memories of my home growing up.

All in all the weekend was successful.

Commentaires