Mum's Day

I knew I had tucked a good idea in the back of my head...what was it again? It hadn't been that long ago that I had come across the perfect gift to give my mother. I sat down and started looking through 'Real Simple'; I was just relaxing, on a Saturday night at home. I opened the cover and I saw 'Chanel' -- and the clouds opened and the sun shone through. That was my good idea!
My mom and I had taken a trip to Portland together over Spring Break. While we were downtown, I noticed that my mother had taken a special liking to the new Chanel fragrance. So I tucked the idea away because I knew I was going to need it for mother's day.
(Apparently I tucked it too far away because it took me until the night before mother's day to remember what it was!) Nonetheless, I was pleased as punch to have remembered, and my mum was quite content with the fresh scent.
After brunch, the boys left to do some target shooting while the girls went out to the picking farms. Unfortunately the tulips were past their prime, so they weren't any good for picking. But the kids ran around and played in the dirt, and I enjoyed the flowers too, even if I couldn't take them home with me!

We ended the day with a bon fire out at the loop. It is beautiful out there right now. The fields are vibrant, the air is new--being out at the loop evokes a peace I only experienced there. The sound of the wind quietly moving through the trees...the crackling fire...aaahhh.

...and then back to Walla Walla. Welcome to the real world, yet once again!

Commentaires