I love the taste of a beet. It tastes like dirt and for some reason, I like that.
Not only are they fresh-tasting, but they're a beautiful vegetable.
When cut into, there are rings and rings of ruby, jeweled flesh.
My mum and I picked up some fresh beats from the farm yesterday.
They still had dirt on them -- they were that fresh.
Oh how I love summer when fresh produce abounds.
Looking at the pile of beat greens on my counter, I was forced to get creative.
(I like the challenge of cooking strange produce.)
I came up with a tasty sautee of onion and beet greens, in olive oil and white wine vinegar.
Yep, it tasted like dirt.
But then I like that taste--so it was actually pretty good.
:)
Not only are they fresh-tasting, but they're a beautiful vegetable.
When cut into, there are rings and rings of ruby, jeweled flesh.
My mum and I picked up some fresh beats from the farm yesterday.
They still had dirt on them -- they were that fresh.
Oh how I love summer when fresh produce abounds.
Looking at the pile of beat greens on my counter, I was forced to get creative.
(I like the challenge of cooking strange produce.)
I came up with a tasty sautee of onion and beet greens, in olive oil and white wine vinegar.
Yep, it tasted like dirt.
But then I like that taste--so it was actually pretty good.
:)
Commentaires