Bird's Eye View


I saw my little universe from a bird's eye view. I left campus, College Place, my apartment, boxes of books and a trailer full of college life behind. Instead of taking the road though, I flew with Ben. As soon as we took off I could see my world from the air. It was a feeling of relief, unlike any other I have felt before. With summer well on its way and several changes in routine on the horizon, a wave of relief washed heavily over me as we soared the thermals home.
This is my dad's plane. And that fact was evident as we zoomed fast over the beautiful green hills, the Palouse. There's this one picture of the T-34 flying over the Snake. It's hanging in the stair well that goes to the basement, and it's been hanging there since before I can remember. In this picture, the sky is blue, the landscape is fresh and the T-34 is flying regally through the air. While I flew home on Sunday, I felt like I was living that picture.

Commentaires