I remember my first trip to college. It was kind of emotional. I had packed for college, but I was actually going to France for two weeks with my Aunt, before school started. So, I was launching out across the World and for College too. I had my life in two suitcases, my comforter and shoes in a laundry basket...and when I left for College just yesterday, it was much the same -- my life in two boxes, my comforter and shoes in a laundry basket. Although all my stuff is pretty much the same, I think I've changed a lot. And as I unpack my boxes and comforter and shoes, I'm reminded of all the good places these things have taken me. I remember making my bed in France for the first time, with the same comforter, comforted that it was coziness I brought from home. I remember hanging the same posters up at camp, and using the same decoupage box to hold all my important documents. And now it is all in my new little home, in Walla Walla. It's hard to settle in too much though, because I know I'll be on the move again soon -- packing the same clothes, in the same two boxes and folding that comforter over my shoes in my laundry basket.
...I really shouldn't make emotional attachments to my stuff. After all, it's really just stuff -- and it's not the stuff that makes these moves emotional. Rather, it's the memories with all my good friends in all the fun places I've been that is connected to this stuff. So, while I unpack my boxes, I'm pleasantly unpacking all the good memories of the last three years. La Vie est Belle, c'est vrai encore.
...I really shouldn't make emotional attachments to my stuff. After all, it's really just stuff -- and it's not the stuff that makes these moves emotional. Rather, it's the memories with all my good friends in all the fun places I've been that is connected to this stuff. So, while I unpack my boxes, I'm pleasantly unpacking all the good memories of the last three years. La Vie est Belle, c'est vrai encore.
Commentaires