So I have just recently purchased the 1950's edition of Betty Crocker's Cook Book. It was a cheap find, a second hand purchase. It has basic recipes in it, plus entertaining old fashioned pictures and recipes. The most interesting I have come across so far is as follows. It is entitled "Flaming Cabbage". And I quote:
Brilliant Betty, I don't think I'd have ever thought of that. I think I might try it for the next game night. It's sure to be the life of the party.
"Clean a large cabbage. Curl outer leaves back from top. Cut out center; hollow it out about 6" deap. Place a sterno lamp in the center (lamp hidden, but flame should come almost to top of cabbage). Place cabbage on serving plate. Surround with a frill of parsley. Thrust wooden picks through cocktail sausages, and stick into the cabbage. Stick an olive onto end of each (to protect fingers from the flame). Guests broil their own sausages."
Brilliant Betty, I don't think I'd have ever thought of that. I think I might try it for the next game night. It's sure to be the life of the party.
Commentaires