I'm Smitten!

...by Smitten Kitchen! I love all the recipes and the commentary that accompanies them. In fact, I'm trying out "punition cookies" -- elegant sugar cookies, similar to something that might be found in a french patisserie. They are cut out with a bit of a ruffle as a border, baked to perfection, spread with bittersweet chocolate ganache, and topped off with the matching counterpart. They remind me of biscuits (pronounced bis-coo-weee), something the French take very seriously. It seems that every french person has their own stash of biscuit somewhere in their petites cuisines.
The recipe directed that the dough be made in a food processor. Not being the proprietaire of a food processor, I used the next best thing: a blender. (That's a food processor, right?) It worked...I managed to slice a spatula while blending the butter and egg to that "silky" texture. But it worked.
I'm planning on baking these up for Kathleen's wedding shower. So hopefully they will be beautiful and picture worthy. If not, I'll have to 'take two' and try again.
oh France...vivre la France!

Commentaires