So This Is Summer

As soon as I drove in the driveway from Walla Walla, the boat was hooked up, the car loaded with towels and sunscreen and everyone was clad in their swimming suits. My family was actually waiting for me to get home so we could finally leave for the river. We got there in the early evening, the heat was still emanating off the rocks and the water was smooth as silk. Ah, yes...these are the evenings of summer. The evenings that provide rest and rejuvenation in the form of water skiing and swimming. There is nothing quite like feeling that warm breeze race past your face as the boat takes off for the sandy spot up river. We unload all the goods on the beach, enjoy a little picnic and then the serious fun begins. Ben and David take out the "Phantom" and the "System 8"...their crazy water skis that pull the boat harder than it pulls them. They each take a ski, carving up the "glass". Then they have to analyze each turn they made, how the ski performed, how their technique held up, how they have no grip left etc...I take pictures and follow the law by making sure the orange flag is in action, even if we're the only people on the water. Thomas and me cheer the boys on from the front seat. Then it's time for me to ski. I slip those big boots on, cinch them up as tight as I can, ungracefully flop into the water and yell "Hit-It!". I love it when the ski finally plains and I'm speeding behind the boat, floating on the water. I ski like a girl, so I don't pull quite as hard, but I try for that graceful turn and rooster tail of water that shoots up, showing accurate technique. It needs work, but guess what that means? I just need to water ski more. So I'll be working on that for these next few weeks...so this is summer, yes. 

Commentaires

Paula a dit…
Sounds like a great start to summertime :) Enjoy!