Who wants to study? It's way more fun to blog about random things and think about all the other things I WILL be doing...all the other things that use the neglected side of my brain. I seriously feel lopsided up there. I can tell that the creative side of my brain, the right side, is shrinking -- while the left side, the academic side is swollen with information, due dates and other stressful things. So in an attempt to balance things out, my creative side has been poking and prodding me with things to do. (Like I said, who wants to study?)
Planning Kathleen's wedding shower has provided lots of creative outlets (all sorts of goodies:). Tissue paper's flyin', ribbons and bows on the floor, the kitchen is stocked with sugary, chocolaty, berry and buttery bounty -- plus there are lots of lights strung everywhere and lanterns have taken over the laundry room. I like the excitement though...the creative excitement. Saturday night will be fun.
I've got a desk to paint, I've even considered covering it in fabric...tatsefully of course. I saw a different piece of furniture that had been tastefully covered and I want to try it out. I think it could be pretty awesome!
I also want to decoupage a chair, a really curvy, dainty chair...make it really feminine.
After I finished writing my french paper, I found myself in Joanne's wandering the fabric discounts and finding several different things I wanted to stitch together.
I even stopped by Goodwill...found lots of things I could use and paint and cover and stitch and cut and applique. However, I remembered that I'm trekking down to So Cal soon and the last thing I want to do is move more stuff. (I really don't like STUFF, clutter...ironically though, I'm somehow attracted to other people's STUFF and Clutter. I have to be careful, I could be driving a U-Haul to Loma Linda!)
In addition to the desk and dresser, I have a calender with some really pretty prints. The bummer with calenders though is that if you like April's print more than August's...well, there's no going back. You have to hang August on the wall, not April. So I've decided I'm going to take April and March's pictures and turn them into wall-hangings. Yes, that's right. It might involve some paper mache, but I've got to preserve this beautiful photography. I'm not just throwing those pretty pictures out, no sir.
So the other side of my brain is waking up a bit now, stretching and getting warmed up for action. It's been a long haul but the light is quickly approaching. Hello summertime, you're actually here!!
oh yeah...I want to make an apron too. Kind of patchy, with random pockets and ribbon and buttons--yet another opportunity to find that equilibrium between the right and left side of my brain.
Planning Kathleen's wedding shower has provided lots of creative outlets (all sorts of goodies:). Tissue paper's flyin', ribbons and bows on the floor, the kitchen is stocked with sugary, chocolaty, berry and buttery bounty -- plus there are lots of lights strung everywhere and lanterns have taken over the laundry room. I like the excitement though...the creative excitement. Saturday night will be fun.
I've got a desk to paint, I've even considered covering it in fabric...tatsefully of course. I saw a different piece of furniture that had been tastefully covered and I want to try it out. I think it could be pretty awesome!
I also want to decoupage a chair, a really curvy, dainty chair...make it really feminine.
After I finished writing my french paper, I found myself in Joanne's wandering the fabric discounts and finding several different things I wanted to stitch together.
I even stopped by Goodwill...found lots of things I could use and paint and cover and stitch and cut and applique. However, I remembered that I'm trekking down to So Cal soon and the last thing I want to do is move more stuff. (I really don't like STUFF, clutter...ironically though, I'm somehow attracted to other people's STUFF and Clutter. I have to be careful, I could be driving a U-Haul to Loma Linda!)
In addition to the desk and dresser, I have a calender with some really pretty prints. The bummer with calenders though is that if you like April's print more than August's...well, there's no going back. You have to hang August on the wall, not April. So I've decided I'm going to take April and March's pictures and turn them into wall-hangings. Yes, that's right. It might involve some paper mache, but I've got to preserve this beautiful photography. I'm not just throwing those pretty pictures out, no sir.
So the other side of my brain is waking up a bit now, stretching and getting warmed up for action. It's been a long haul but the light is quickly approaching. Hello summertime, you're actually here!!
oh yeah...I want to make an apron too. Kind of patchy, with random pockets and ribbon and buttons--yet another opportunity to find that equilibrium between the right and left side of my brain.
Commentaires
I'm so excited for your year in Nepal though. You have so many good things going on there. Can't wait to hear about more of your experiences.