Skills Lab #1

Right place, right time...I'm so happy to be here. I am loving the program. I hesitate to say that since I am only two days in (crazy right?), but I can tell that this is where I need to be. I'm learning the skills that will properly equip me for the service I want to do. I am being introduced to many new programs and opportunities, all of which involve an element of travel or community. This is what I want to do. This is where I want to be. I'm so excited.

My first skills lab was today. I learned some very basic and important procedures. The best part was practicing the maneuvers with my classmates. If I didn't know my classmates before, I feel a lot closer with them now:) I go into the hospital next week for clinicals. I can't wait to put the new skills to use.

I also picked up my nephew William from daycare today. I just love William...he's starting to talk quite a bit now. Conversation with an 18 month old child is very entertaining. Anything I say, he repeats right after me. We got home, watered all the plants together, picked some oranges and sat in the lawn, peeling oranges and pointing at the helicopters and airplanes overhead.

I saw both of my sisters today. We were able to catch up on what has gone on for the past week or so. They are both as generous as they are busy. I love my sisters and am so happy to be close to them!

The week is off to a good start. I'm tired already, but I love what I'm involved in and as each day goes on, I'm devoted to learning and loving and growing and experiencing as much as I possibly can.

Commentaires