I have never been so afraid of exams as I was for my first set of nursing school exams, just this week. It must be the fact that my near future is directly affected by my ability to successfully complete these exams. And probably the fact that 40% of my grade is represented by the exam. GULP. I have never studied so many hours for exams as I did for these. I guess that's a good thing, seeing as I'll most likely be using these skills for the better part of the rest of my life.
But, between the long hours spent with my text book and the stress that accompanied those long hours, my reserves are exhausted. I have never been more stressed. I learned that stress evaporates my energy stores, leaving me foggy and in a stupor...kind of like winters in Walla Walla. Lots of time reading and memorizing and writing and rewriting random facts and concepts from my text book, the whole time crossing my fingers that I will actually see this chapter's material on the exam. No time for routine things, like exercise, laundry, cooking, fun etc... no time for the things that keep me "even-keeled". Only time for studies, and lots of them.
But that's all done now and my classes are passed.
And I'm home, by the fire, enjoying the scent of pine and the twinkling lights of the holiday tree.
Happy Christmas friends
But, between the long hours spent with my text book and the stress that accompanied those long hours, my reserves are exhausted. I have never been more stressed. I learned that stress evaporates my energy stores, leaving me foggy and in a stupor...kind of like winters in Walla Walla. Lots of time reading and memorizing and writing and rewriting random facts and concepts from my text book, the whole time crossing my fingers that I will actually see this chapter's material on the exam. No time for routine things, like exercise, laundry, cooking, fun etc... no time for the things that keep me "even-keeled". Only time for studies, and lots of them.
But that's all done now and my classes are passed.
And I'm home, by the fire, enjoying the scent of pine and the twinkling lights of the holiday tree.
Happy Christmas friends

Commentaires