Connecting

As a transient student, I have to connect with the community I've moved into. I think it makes me feel like I belong. I'm not exactly sure.
I've been connected with a mother of five children. She is homeschooling her kids and wants me to help out. So far it has been a success. This is good.
I'm just getting to know the kids, but I already love them. They are very well-behaved and just naughty enough to be true children.
This afternoon I pulled into their driveway and two little girls came running outside, bare foot and smiley and gave me huge big hugs, as if I was a long lost friend or even part of the family.
And this is my job?
Reading stories, telling time, hunting for eggs and playing house is surely not work.
This is my joy. Community is essential and these little kids are going to be a large part of my community, I'm sure of it.

Commentaires