My psych teachers have split us into "student support groups". They want us to experience the benefits of a support group (or maybe they think we're all suffering from a disease called...nursing school?). Today in "student support group" we were all conducted in a snappy ice-breaker that involved questions like, "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" and "What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?" (Ooh, do tell because we all like to laugh AND we know you'd like to relive that experience again...seriously?) One question I got to answer was "What would you be doing if you were not in nursing school?"
Unexpectedly, I had an answer a lot quicker than I had anticipated (and it got me thinking crazy thoughts!!) I do love nursing school and I'm excited to practice as a nurse. However, that other side of me peaked its sneaky self out in "student support group" (phew! thank goodness for student support group).
As soon as I read the question I immediately wrote down, "Study comparative literature in Paris and teach french...where a french teacher is needed (who knows where that could be?!)."
It was a strange realization for me. It was like the past three years of my life strangely all crossed paths at the same time. Dreaming of France in a nursing student support group...ridiculous.
I do question the productivity of "student support group". I did get to know some of my fellow class mates, but coming out of clinical today wanting to go back to Paris and study comparative literature, did not motivate me to study for my Patho exam on Monday...oh dear.
Unexpectedly, I had an answer a lot quicker than I had anticipated (and it got me thinking crazy thoughts!!) I do love nursing school and I'm excited to practice as a nurse. However, that other side of me peaked its sneaky self out in "student support group" (phew! thank goodness for student support group).
As soon as I read the question I immediately wrote down, "Study comparative literature in Paris and teach french...where a french teacher is needed (who knows where that could be?!)."
It was a strange realization for me. It was like the past three years of my life strangely all crossed paths at the same time. Dreaming of France in a nursing student support group...ridiculous.
I do question the productivity of "student support group". I did get to know some of my fellow class mates, but coming out of clinical today wanting to go back to Paris and study comparative literature, did not motivate me to study for my Patho exam on Monday...oh dear.
Commentaires