It's been beautifully warm here lately.
I was outside and heard the honks of several Canadian geese.
My first thought was what are canadian geese doing all the way down here? Poor things, such a long way from home...
But then that whole routine thing about migrating birds and all came to mind and I remembered that it's winter and I'm not where I usually am during the winter.
I'm usually on the other end of things -- where the birds have left, some snowy, chipper winter landscape a lot closer to Canada...
So they really do fly south in the winter. I can't blame them, 70 degree sunshine in February is something worth flying south for. I like them here, for they do make SoCal feel a bit more like home too, and that's always a good thing.
I was outside and heard the honks of several Canadian geese.
My first thought was what are canadian geese doing all the way down here? Poor things, such a long way from home...
But then that whole routine thing about migrating birds and all came to mind and I remembered that it's winter and I'm not where I usually am during the winter.
I'm usually on the other end of things -- where the birds have left, some snowy, chipper winter landscape a lot closer to Canada...
So they really do fly south in the winter. I can't blame them, 70 degree sunshine in February is something worth flying south for. I like them here, for they do make SoCal feel a bit more like home too, and that's always a good thing.
Commentaires