Take Me to the Zoo

I was in the BMC during a psychiatric clinical, on the children's unit. While waiting for the children to arrive for the group meeting, I took a gander through the not-so-extensive-but-just-as-irresistible library. Among a plethora of Dr. Seuss and Bernstein Bears was a book that especially caught my attention: "Take Me to the Zoo".

I was around four or five years of age the last time I read that book. I loved that book. It's about an abnormally large cat-like creature with equally as abnormally large dots on its hide. I don't even know what to call that creature. Better yet, these large dots change colors. The plot was not the captivating element. Rather the colorful dots, the imaginary-large-cat-like-creature and it's ability to change color were the alluring parts of the story.

I thought it was kind of ironic though, the fact that I found this book at the psych hospital.

Are we really reading this book to children at the Behavior Medical Institute? I believe the moral of the story is something like it's ok to be different, it's ok if you are abnormally tall, awkward or lanky and it's ok if you are covered in polka dots that change color... and what, it's ok if you're at the BMC?


That moral might be debatable.

Yes, please. Take me to the Zoo. And can all of my friends come too?

Commentaires