This is Home to Me

One week, 1100 miles, graduation, boxes and suitcases, a few loads of laundry, lots of friends and family, many thank you's, a wedding, a birthday, lifeguard re-certification, Camp Idahven, new friends, new routine...could one more thing be packed into this week???
Just one week ago I packed my car to the gunnels and zoomed out of Southern California. I think it is almost impossible to recount everything that has occurred between that initial launch and this moment right now. My brain is slow at catching up.
Despite a vigorous turn around between academics and summer fun, I'm happy to be home. I will be spending my summer days at camp, with the campers, with talented people, with the blue jays and the pine trees, the lake and the blanket of stars that's overhead every, single, night. (For some reason the stars do not shine in Loma Linda. Oh how I've missed them!)
So here's to a blessed, busy, challenging, bountiful summer.
Oh it's so good to be home.

Commentaires

Brittany Wren a dit…
Good to have you at camp!