Bruised Knees

So I completely knocked a camper off his feet during last night's capture the flag game. Capture the flag works like this: the campers run in hoards, the staff run in hoards and hopefully opposing team members end up in jail. Unfortunately the above mentioned activity is a perfect recipe for collision. And yes, that was me last night. There was a whole hoard of campers storming the staff side and I went after them, literally knocking them (well, at least one of them) off his feet. He was sprinting, I was sprinting and in one magnificent fell swoop, we collided. He tumbled to the ground and my knees clashed together, as hard as clanging symbols but without symphonic elegance or sound. Minus the embarrassment, we both came away without injury. We had a good laugh and kept on playing.

So I went running this morning. My knees hurt. "That's weird," I thought to myself. "I can't possibly be having knee problems. That's an old person thing..." And then it all came back to me. I looked down at my knees and noticed a rather blue and purple splash of color that reminded me of last night's escapades. No pain, no gain...or something like that. The campers love it when the staff are just as into the game as they are. That's something to gain. Bruised knees or the bees-knees, it's all worth the effort.

Commentaires