Higher Education

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." Mark Twain

I know I'm in school to be a nurse, but school does not mean I am only learning in the classroom and the hospital. I'm also learning on the mountain, at the beach etc...there are many ways to learn. It just depends on what you're learning. This weekend I lit-ruh-ly experienced higher education. Why not experience higher education on the mountain as well as in the class room. Friday evening a group of six of us headed up to the mountains. We camped out, under the stars, the moon shone bright and we stayed cozy by the fire, our stomachs working away on vege links and marshmallows. I got in my sleeping bag, zipped it up tightly from head to toe and fell sound asleep, the crisp mountain air surrounding my face. We got up early and hit the trail right away. The hike was fairly steep, but very enjoyable. The mountains seemed to multiply the higher we got. We hiked through an ice-covered forest, chunks of ice randomly dropping from tree tops. (Shoot, why didn't I bring my helmet?) We reached the summit and enjoyed the endless view from up top. It was crystal clear, calm and beautiful. The hike down was quick and uneventful. It's kind of hard to get back to class after experiencing crisp, cold air, elevation gain and endless horizons. However, as Sunday quickly comes to a close and the busy week begins, I'll let the very nature of higher education keep me going. 

.  

Commentaires