It was a true Idaho experience but it really just felt like home...
We celebrated Thanksgiving outside this year, next to a flaming inferno. The coals cooked our food, kept us warm and turned our turkey into a charred brick of black, sooty fibers. We all laughed and decided we'd do better next time. It wouldn't be a family holiday if there weren't a few Griswold Family type mishaps.
The snow wasn't falling but I'm sure I could feel it building in the heavy, cloud cover that hung right at the tree tops. The air was so icy and cold there might as well have been snow, or at least it was on its way. So we all began dinner at the table, but slowly, one by one we inched closer to the smoldering coals.
We feasted, laughed and froze. After a slice of pie and a little tromps through the woods, we all sprawled out in the soft grass by the fire. We talked and chatted and mellowed in all the things we have to be thankful for: family, friends, delicious food, the great outdoors and warm feet.
The snow wasn't falling but I'm sure I could feel it building in the heavy, cloud cover that hung right at the tree tops. The air was so icy and cold there might as well have been snow, or at least it was on its way. So we all began dinner at the table, but slowly, one by one we inched closer to the smoldering coals.

Commentaires