...(said with a british, hyper-educated and somewhat snooty accent)
I'm sitting on the couch, completing and fine-tuning a forever paged nursing care-plan. While working through the pathophysiology of liver disease and septic shock, I can sense my computer heating through a throw pillow on my lap. It's like its heat and my brain waves are in sync, working over time and trying to catch up with a seemingly eternal assignment.
Noticing the climbing temperature and getting slightly concerned, I say, "My computer is getting hot."
Caroline responds, "The fire of academia is still burning."
And then we laugh, and light is brought to a heavy situation.
And the laughter wears off and the care-planning continues, in all seriousness.
The fire of academia is still burning.
I'm sitting on the couch, completing and fine-tuning a forever paged nursing care-plan. While working through the pathophysiology of liver disease and septic shock, I can sense my computer heating through a throw pillow on my lap. It's like its heat and my brain waves are in sync, working over time and trying to catch up with a seemingly eternal assignment.
Noticing the climbing temperature and getting slightly concerned, I say, "My computer is getting hot."
Caroline responds, "The fire of academia is still burning."
And then we laugh, and light is brought to a heavy situation.
And the laughter wears off and the care-planning continues, in all seriousness.
The fire of academia is still burning.
Commentaires