This academic quarter barrels on, and I'm frantically trying to barrel myself along with it. (Will it ever end?!) It's been a crazy quarter, every term is. But for some reason this one is worse than normal. I think it's the pending sitting-for-boards that has increased my stress level -- I'm not exactly sure. Anyways, I'm getting side-tracked.
Between clinical days, EKG strip interpretation and busy work extravaganza I found some time to fly to Portland. I've been planning on this day for quite some time now, since Laura's engagement in fact. But I wasn't planning on the crazy academics to distract from the excitement of the wedding. I flew up early on Friday; post clinical exhaustion blurred into early morning flight fatigue which soon morphed into hysterical, no filter, sleeping brain syndrome -- but I was only at the rehearsal dinner when that set in. A few hours of sleep later I found myself awake, seated in a large open living room surrounded by windows, in a sea of fog, dear outside munching corn and I was finishing a care plan.
Those few hours of sleep provided enough energy to attend rehearsal, laugh with friends, mingle for lunch, cry with wedding emotion and play two rounds of bowling -- coffee in hand almost at all times. After another hour of care planning and finger nail polish, I got back into bed for a few more hours of sleep. Then, bam. Sunday arrived and it was go time. The wedding was just hours away and the hair needed to be wedding-appropriate, the dress on, pictures taken etc...
I don't remember exactly all what happened. I was so exhausted. But, I do remember standing on the dance floor, microphone in hand, all eyes on me and Sasha...we were providing reception entertainment -- a special number us girls had sung along to once upon a time. It was one of those "we should sing this for your wedding moments!" and next thing I knew -- we were singing it for the wedding. I was told it was cute and that we sounded ok. I'm certain it was dorky, but that's ok. It was cute, and that's all that matters. Someone recorded it, but I'm not brave enough to watch it yet.

Where was I again? And why are there dear outside?
So the wedding happened flawlessly, beautifully and gracefully. The weather was incredible -- 80 degrees for a Sunday in April, in Portland, OR is VERY rare. But it was lovely, absolutely perfect.
So congratulations to Laura and Brad! Even though I was exhausted, I enjoyed the entire weekend. I just wished I had had more energy to put into the wedding!



Commentaires