Where the streets have no name...


This quarter has started out stressfully. I'm not going to lie, the stress has even driven me to tears a few times already. But, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger so...no excuses from this chica. I will be a stronger woman for it when it's all said and done.

The high stress level makes the weekends completely necessary and rejuvenating, no matter what the activities involve. Also, high stress weeks make every weekend as equally relaxing/refreshing as the week was stressful. A weary, worn out student cherishes the weekend; weekends are a life-line, and the Sabbath is precious time.
This weekend I chose to join friends at Joshua Tree. We brought all our climbing gear, cameras, layers, PB & J's,  nalgenes and sunglasses and headed out to the desert. 


It was refreshingly cold, and being from Idaho, I LOVED the cold air. The sun was warm and if you stood in the right place, the cold air was more than tolerable and actually quite balmy.  
We climbed all day, bouldered all the rocks we could and ran around till our bodies got tired and the sun dipped under the horizon. 






Pure contentment -- it was one of those all-day-in-the-fresh-air kind of days and my brain continues to thank me for it!   

Commentaires

Jenny a dit…
Agreed! I haven't felt so refreshed in a long time. Good luck with this week Sarah!