Cook's note

So this is not a food blog or a cooking blog but, since it's my blog and I like to cook, there might just be a few cooking related posts. I apologize -- or -- Enjoy! 

California produce hits early spring, strawberries are at the market in February. Come to think of it, no matter what time of year, there is always something in season in California (and it's not just the winter squash picked last October). 
So this week's new arrival to the market was zucchini. I know, it's not everybody's favorite vegetable but I'm writing to tell you that it should be! When prepared correctly, zucchini can be your favorite vegetable. And that's why I'm including this food post on my non-food blog.

If you see zucchini in the market this week, buy it -- and do the following.

Slice zucchini really thin
add it to a frying pan with a little water and olive oil
Shake a little salt over it all and let it soak up the water and oil (sea salt is even better if you've got it)
Once it appears to be sticking to the pan *but it's not because you've been watching it diligently* quickly stir it around, sprinkle feta cheese and fresh herbs (I like oregano and thyme) and mill some pepper over the top

Voila, zucchini is now your favorite vegetable! 
Bon Appetit! 

Commentaires