I thought I was getting this NOC shift thing figured out, routine down, sleeping when I can etc...However, I've had several nights this week that have proved otherwise.
For example, one night this week I found myself vacuuming at midnight (who does that??). I vacuum occasionally but never does it happen at midnight, sorry roommates. At least the vacuuming happened.
Last night I dreamt that I was late for work, or somehow couldn't get there. Babies were crying, no one was there to care for them and something was holding me up. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. I woke up this morning feeling like I had just given report, telling day shift all about my busy night.
I'm going crazy.
Goal for next week: develop solid routine so my body knows when to sleep.
...how about now?
An encouraging article to read when feeling slightly deterred by your work on the unit. Bon courage a tous!
Commentaires