Pee is sterile right?
I've had the sweetest little guy the past couple of nights. His only trouble is he likes to pee. Which is really no trouble at all and no surprise, seeing as he is all BOY and boys like to pee anywhere, everywhere, anytime they get the chance (and preferably off some sort of prominence, height, or platform; that comes with age I suppose). So I should have been more prepared.
It's been over six months that I've been working in the NICU and I have managed to stay pee-free, clean and dry, throughout the shift until, last night.
Trying to get this kid to eat is like feeding a stuffed animal, it just doesn't work. But I was trying, working with him, following his cues etc etc. Then the floodgates opened.
"That's really warm."
Needless to say, I feel like I've been officially welcomed into the NICU now, a type of initiation, if you will. From now on, I'm always double checking diapers before holding babies. You all should do that anyways. I blame sleep deprivation for my lack of pee preparedness. It's really not the worst that can happen to you. However, I'm hoping to not repeat that show anytime soon. Chalk one up to experience friends, never a dull moment in the NICU.
I've had the sweetest little guy the past couple of nights. His only trouble is he likes to pee. Which is really no trouble at all and no surprise, seeing as he is all BOY and boys like to pee anywhere, everywhere, anytime they get the chance (and preferably off some sort of prominence, height, or platform; that comes with age I suppose). So I should have been more prepared.
It's been over six months that I've been working in the NICU and I have managed to stay pee-free, clean and dry, throughout the shift until, last night.
Trying to get this kid to eat is like feeding a stuffed animal, it just doesn't work. But I was trying, working with him, following his cues etc etc. Then the floodgates opened.
"That's really warm."
Needless to say, I feel like I've been officially welcomed into the NICU now, a type of initiation, if you will. From now on, I'm always double checking diapers before holding babies. You all should do that anyways. I blame sleep deprivation for my lack of pee preparedness. It's really not the worst that can happen to you. However, I'm hoping to not repeat that show anytime soon. Chalk one up to experience friends, never a dull moment in the NICU.
Commentaires