Inspired by a few of my patients with less than ideal social situations and backgrounds, I can't help but be reminded that as human beings on planet Earth, in God's world, we have GREAT responsibility. Our actions, our words, our participation in society and our communities, how we talk to people, our CHOICES, our friends, the people we LOVE, how we spend our time -- everything comes with responsibility. And please friends, if you choose to have children, be prepared to carry the responsibility.
I left work this morning wanting to take a set of twins home. Need I say more?
Unfortunately the protective services miss the target. Lacking funding and resources, kids go home when they shouldn't and frequently they're taken away from home when they should be left with mom and/or dad. It's difficult to adequately assess a home situation; hard to find motives for parents wanting custody; not always clear as to how the family lives.
But one thing's for certain: a new life brought into this world, deserves loving arms and a caring heart. Please, take responsibility.
I left work this morning wanting to take a set of twins home. Need I say more?
Unfortunately the protective services miss the target. Lacking funding and resources, kids go home when they shouldn't and frequently they're taken away from home when they should be left with mom and/or dad. It's difficult to adequately assess a home situation; hard to find motives for parents wanting custody; not always clear as to how the family lives.
But one thing's for certain: a new life brought into this world, deserves loving arms and a caring heart. Please, take responsibility.
Commentaires