Grandma knows

I'm talking to grandma, grandma of one of my patients. She was reading Bible stories to her grand baby, through the porthole of the isolette. Intrigued by her choice of literature, I struck up a conversation about it, which resulted in a heart to heart about religion and church and such. The conversation continued, morphed into what she told her kids growing up. She passed it onto me. She said, "There's no such thing as peer pressure. Peer pressure is the pressure that comes from inside of us; it's something we put on ourselves." I told her I'd never think of peer pressure the same way again. Grandmas always have the best things to say, don't they? 

Commentaires

Kati a dit…
I am never going to think of peer pressure the same as well.... ahhh well put grandma well put. ;)
The Saragon a dit…
Right? So much wisdom from people with three times as much life experience as myself.