"You must do the thing which you think you cannot." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

There are some things in life that you just have to do.

For example, at work whenever I give a controlled medication, especially if I'm drawing it up, I check and double check and triple check, making myself crazy before I ever give anything. Eventually, having stalled with multiple safety checks and being 100% sure this is the right dose, medication etc... I tell myself, "Just do it Sarah".

Trash day is another instance when I have to tell myself to "just do it". I can come up with a million excuses and reasons why the trash does NOT need to be taken out. With a little inspiration and experience with "missing" trash day (i.e. overflowing trash cans and smells etc...) I have now learned to tell myself, "Just do it Sarah, take the stinky trash out and get it gone."

Just do it.

I'm presently stalling right now, telling myself to go back for a masters in nursing. I know I want it, I just don't want to do the classwork. (What's wrong with me??). "Just do it Sarah, get your masters -- that's been your goal all along". I know that I want be an FNP and yet the schooling process is making me drag my feet. I think if I keep the end goal in mind though, the school part will be only a small inconvenience. So I keep telling myself, "Just do it Sarah...sign up for classes...learning is fun...just do it!"

Master's level education is also intimidating. The expectations are higher and there is no wriggle room for less than adequate grades. I must do the thing which I think I cannot (thanks Eleanor). So without further ado, pharmacology for advanced practice RNs here I come (thanks for the inspiration Kristen!).

[Oh, and I am going to the day shift! Which will make school oh-so-much more doable. It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do, right?]

Commentaires

Jenny a dit…
That's right you can!
Kristen a dit…
Yay Sarah!!! You got this!!! :)
Kati a dit…
Yes!! I love this. :) its so hard to get ourselves to "just do it" but once we do it feels so good huh?