Monday was my first day on the SICU. I worked with a resource nurse simply to get a feel for how the unit runs and flows. I learned three lessons during my first few hours on this new-to-me unit:
#1) Patients are not called babies.
#2) Baby butts are so much cuter than adult butts.
#3) These patients talk, understand and comprehend (well, sometimes). So when you go to give a
suppository, you better tell them what’s about to happen.
And there’s the first three of billions of new things I have to learn up there.
#1) Patients are not called babies.
#2) Baby butts are so much cuter than adult butts.
#3) These patients talk, understand and comprehend (well, sometimes). So when you go to give a
suppository, you better tell them what’s about to happen.
And there’s the first three of billions of new things I have to learn up there.
Commentaires